When Thalia’s tree is mysteriously poisoned, the magical borders of Camp Half-Blood begin to fail. Now Percy and his friends have just days to find the only magic item powerful to save the camp before it is overrun by monsters. The catch: they must sail into the Sea of Monsters to find it. Along the way, Percy must stage a daring rescue operation to save his old friend Grover, and he learns a terrible secret about his own family, which makes him question whether being the son of Poseidon is an honor or a curse.
The Sea of Monsters, Chapter One.
Hear the first part of the second Percy Jackson book, as read by the author (MP3).
- A New York Times Bestseller
- A BookSense National Children's Series Bestseller
- A BookSense Top Ten Summer Pick for 2006
- A YALSA Best Book for Young Adults 2007
- A Best Book of 2006, Child Magazine
- A Best Fantasy Sequel of 2006, Kirkus Reviews
- A Barnes & Noble Best Children's Book of 2006
- VOYA Top Shelf Fiction Pick for Middle School Readers, 2006
- CCBC choice award 2007, Cooperative Children's Book Center
- Battle of the Labyrinth Discussion Guide
- School Myths
- Create your own Demigod
- Character Letters
- English-Social Studies Combined Unit
- Greek Gods Event Kit
- The Lightning Thief Activity Kit
- Greek Heroes Activity Kit
- The Last Olympian Discussion & Teacher’s Guide
- The Sea of Monsters